Stir Fried Prawns with Mushroom and Water Chestnuts
- "2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (250g) tin sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup small white button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 500g peeled and deveined prawns
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in wok or large frypan until very hot. Cook and stir garlic and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
- Add the water chestnuts, snow peas, mushrooms, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and prawns to the wok. Cook stirring until prawns turns pink; 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the chicken stock, rice vinegar, fish sauce and sherry in a small bowl. Pour into the prawns mixture then cook and stir briefly to combine.
- Combine the cornflour and water then stir into the wok. Stir until sauce has thickened; about 2 minutes.