Rockling with Steamed Asparagus
- 450g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 rockling fillets (150g each)
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus until tender but crisp. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Rub fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in pan and cook 3 minutes a side until just cooked through.
- Divide the asparagus between four heated serving plates and lay the fish on top of the asparagus.
- Return the frypan to heat, stir in the capers and cook 30 seconds. Divide the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.