Ginger Lime Crab Cakes
- 400g crab meat
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh root ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of Tabasco
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 90g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix together crab, mayonnaise, spring onions, coriander, lime juice, ginger, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Shape into 12 cakes.
- In a shallow dish, lightly whisk eggs. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip cakes into egg then press into breadcrumbs to coat on all sides.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook crab cakes in oil adding remaining oil as needed, for 2 minutes per side or until golden.